When the time comes to list your home, your agent of choice will likely ask to make an appointment so they can visit you and your home and provide a "listing presentation." Your response might be, "What exactly happens at a listing presentation?" To help answer that question, I wanted to provide you with a brief overview of that process.
What to Expect During a Listing Presentation
We realize that you have many real estate brokers from which to choose when it comes to listing your home. Our House 2 Home Realty brokers understand that it is an honor to be given the opportunity to meet with you, view your home and present our plan for marketing and selling your property.
At the Listing Presentation, We’ll Discuss...
- Pricing your home and the best ways to determine value.
- What happens when homes are overpriced? (We’ll talk about the “I can always come down” theory.)
- Different loan types and how they can affect the selling process.
- Curb appeal
- Should you paint, replace carpet and other home improvements?
- The listing process. (Paperwork, photos, measuring the house, and uploading photos and information into our Multiple Listing Service, for example.)
- The showing process. (Is the house occupied or vacant? How much notice do you need for showings? Do you prefer receiving texts or phone calls notifying you of showings? )
- What stays and what goes? (Are you leaving the refrigerator, washer dryer, curtains or that beloved mirror in your bathroom? Discuss with your broker anything you don't want being sold with the house so they can include the exclusion information in the Multiple Listing Service.)
Remember, your House 2 Home Realty broker is interested in hearing your questions and providing answers, so please don't be hesitant to ask questions. We want you to feel comfortable with the process! Once you're ready, your H2H Realty broker will be happy to prepare your listing docs so that we can list your home and get you going toward your goal of selling your home!